There is only one English speaking Optometry School in Canada, at the University of Waterloo in Ontario. They offer a Doctor of Optometry Program.
The admission criteria for the Doctor of Optometry Program is the successful completion of the CASPer® Test and Snapshot followed by a “Meet & Greet interview if invited.
The only French language school is the École d’Optométrie at the Université de Montréal.
Since 2014, students applying to the Optometry School at the University of Waterloo have sought out Blue Dolphin Training and Coaching to prepare for their interview, CASPer® Test and Snapshot.
- Proven strategies to help you prepare and ace your interview
- Tips on interview-related verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Hundreds of questions in a variety of categories
- Practice sessions for the CASPer® Test and Snapshot
- Tips on what interviewers are looking for
- Advice on interview etiquette
- Common errors made in Interviews
- Questions for you to ask at your interview, if permitted
- Strategies on coping with stress and nervousness
- Very high success rate in all disciplines
- Close to 45 years work experience, mostly in healthcare
- Well versed in the CanMEDS educational framework
- Well versed and experienced with the MMI, Panel and traditional interview processes
- Low hourly rates
- Flexible meeting times, days, evenings, and weekends
- Our goal is your goal, to succeed at your interview
- A referral program where you are rewarded for referring a friend or family member to us
For further information on the Doctor of Optometry program at the University of Waterloo, please visit https://uwaterloo.ca/optometry-vision-science/.
Preparing ahead for the CASPer® Test and “Meet and Greet” interview is important to having a successful outcome. Preparation sessions for the CASPer® Test and “Meet and Greet” interview can be provided through Blue Dolphin Training and Coaching. Contact us early for more information.
For further information on the Doctor of Optometry program at the University of Montreal, please visit https://www.opto.umontreal.ca/.
Blue Dolphin Training and Coaching can also provide training and coaching for the CASPer® Test and “Meet and Greet” interview for the French-speaking program, École d’Optométrie at the Université de Montréal. However, we can only provide those services in English. The CASPer® Test can be completed in both English and French.
What our clients say
After an unsuccessful interview the previous year, I knew I needed to improve my interview skills to make myself a more competitive applicant. When I was researching several different interview preparation companies, it was an easy decision to choose Gordon. He was local and I felt, right from our first conversation, that he was an honest person who had a goal to help students with their dreams of getting into professional schools. Through our weekly sessions, Gordon helped me improve not only the content of my answers but also gave practical advice on how to improve my body language and the delivery of my answers, no easy feat as I know how poorly I was at the start of my prep work with Gordon. After the first few sessions, I was feeling more confident in my interview skills because I knew how to structure an answer to grab the interviewer’s attention. Gordon genuinely wanted me to succeed, he made sure that I was implementing his advice, and he strongly encouraged me to practice my new interview skills every day in between our sessions. Additionally, Gordon provided some prep sessions for both the CASPer® Test and Snapshot, which were helpful to me in my quest to get into Optometry. Overall, through his guidance, I had a clear idea of what I needed to do to achieve my goals. Thank you, Gordon, for all your help!