Each year, students applying to veterinarian schools across Canada seek out our services to prepare for their interview and CASPer® Test.
- Proven strategies to help you prepare and ace your interview
- Tips on interview-related verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Questions tailored to background information and interest in working with large or small animals
- Practice sessions for the CASPer® Test and Snapshot
- Tips on what interviewers are looking for
- Advice on interview etiquette
- Common errors made in Interviews
- Questions for you to ask at your interview, if permitted
- Strategies on coping with stress and nervousness
- Very high success rate in all disciplines
- Close to 45 years of work experience, mostly in healthcare.
- Well versed and experienced with the MMI, panel and traditional interview processes
- Low hourly rates
- Flexible meeting times, days, evenings, and weekends
- Our goal is your goal, to succeed at your interview
- A referral program where you are rewarded for referring a friend or family member to us
All veterinarian schools in Canada require an interview for those selected for one. Some schools also require the completion of a CASPer® Test. Please refer to the chart below to determine interview type and whether the completion of a CASPer® Test is needed. Please click on the program’s website link for more details.
Preparing ahead for the interview and/or CASPer® Test are important to having a successful outcome. Preparation sessions for both the school’s interview and CASPer® Test are provided through Blue Dolphin Training and Coaching. Contact us early for more information.
|English Veterinary Schools in Canada||CASPer® Test required (part of application process)||Approximate interview dates||Interview format|
|Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC) Charlottetown, PEI hhttps://www.upei.ca/avc||No||International applicants: early November;|
Domestic applicants: May
|Ontario Veterinary College (OVC)|
|Yes||International applicants: early February;|
Domestic applicants: mid-May
|International: likely panel
Domestic: usually MMI
|Western College of Veterinary Medicine|
|No||Late April to early June||Panel|
|University of Calgary, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (UCVM)|
|Yes||Usually in March||MMI|
What our clients say
Gordon’s help was instrumental to my success in receiving offers of admission to two schools this year. Gordon’s effective method of training gave me a comfortable atmosphere to learn where my communication skills could be worked on and techniques to keep my answers to questions focused. His method for answering questions is something that I used in each of my interviews, and it really helped me to feel confident going into each interview. I would recommend Gordon to anyone looking to better their communication skills. Whether it be small fixes or an entire overhaul of how you answer questions, Gordon will work with you to makes sure your message gets across to the interviewers in the clearest way possible, and ultimately making you the best interviewee you can be.